Ecomarca operates in the wine sector and it is responsible for the waste water treatment (management of processing cycles, waste water treatment) and tanks washing and disinfection, by controlling and reducing bioburden.
WASTE WATER TREATMENT
Waste water obtained from winemaking predominantly contains alcohol-based pollutants, sugars, organic acids, polyphenols, in addition to solid substances resulting from processing residues and operations of wine clarification.
For this reason, the organic content of waste water is typically very high; furthermore, the outgoing waste water is generally characterized by high temporal discontinuity, both during the day and the month, and of course the year, with a peak during the harvest period.
Main characteristics of the treatment plant
Treatment plants for wineries must take into consideration the following characteristics:
- Variability of the organic load (COD, Chemical Oxygen Demand) during the washing stages, also according to seasons and the type of wine produced;
- Increase in the amount of solid fragments during the harvest period;
- presenza di farine fossili, bentoniti, ecc. durante le fasi di chiarificazione del vino;
- Presence of fossil flours, bentonites, etc. during the operations of wine clarification;
- Presence of yeast and any interference with the biological process of purification;
- Presence of biocides and harsh reagents resulting from washing processes of filtrations.
For the proper sizing of the treatment system, all the variables related to activities carried out inside a winery must be considered; the plant must necessarily be flexible in order to adapt to changing waste water conditions.
For this reason, Ecomarca performs a preliminary analysis at the customer premises in order to take note of processing peculiarities and to identify any improvable situations: the first treatment may already occur inside the winery!
Ecomarca uses the most advanced technologies available for making purifiers, which combine biological processes with the most advanced systems of separation of clarified water. These purifiers are managed by special software allowing the automatic and interactive operation of the waste water treatment plant.
The main types of treatment plants for wineries are the sequential (SBR, Sequencing Batch Reactor) and the membrane ones (MBR, Membrane Bio Reactor).
SBR plants are suitable for the treatment of waste water characterised by a strong variability over time, both in terms of pollutant and hydraulic load, as it happens inside a winery. SBR plants allow treatment during all the 24 hours, by accumulating a part of the waste water during the day and carrying on the treatment cycle at night. The main characteristic of SBR systems is to carry out all the stages of the purifying process within a single compartment in a sequential manner.