Filtration processes allow the separation of suspended solid particles contained in a liquid.
Criteria generally used to select the right type of filtration are:
- Sort of impurities included in the liquid to be filtered;
- Quality of the filtrate to be obtained and relevant permissible tolerance;
- Need of filtrated mass reuse;
- Installation conditions peculiarities.
- Facilities available for washing.
MAIN FILTRATION SYSTEMS:
These ﬁlters, usually made of metal, are:
- Vertical self washing filters;
- Vertical filters with air and water washing;
- Horizontal filters with air and water washing.
Pressure filters ensure low construction costs when a large filtration surface is required, as it is possible to increase their length without modifying the diameter.
These filters are generally built of concrete and are used to supply drinking, in effluent clarification plants, as well as sand trap and oil separators.